Re: pretty printer and PCDATA (summary)

Subject: Re: pretty printer and PCDATA (summary)
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:29:23 +0200 (CEST)
On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Brandon Ibach wrote:

>    I'm not quite sure what's needed here, either, but I'd guess that
> the goal is to get the contents of the element, as with (data), minus
> the trailing whitespace.  Perhaps something like:
>
> (define ws '(#\U-0009 #\U-000A #\U-000D #\U-0020))

Another possibility would be to use (char-property 'input-whitespace c) (c
is the character you want to test). This is supported in the (soon to be
released) OpenJade 1.3. The builtin character repertoire in OpenJade sets
this property to #t for the usual WS chars (tab, CR, LF, SP) and some
other Unicode characters too. BTW, process-children-trim now uses this
character property too, so you can say
(add-char-properties input-whitespace: #t characters)
to control this. (Ofcourse you can override the defaults, for example
(add-char-properties input-whitespace: #f #\no-break-space)
if you don't want to trim non breaking spaces.)

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson
--