Re: Adding paths to System Identifier

Subject: Re: Adding paths to System Identifier
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:53:47 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Peter Bennett wrote:

> I have been using the following code to produce a hyperlink in my output
> html file, and to create a new html file matching that hyperlink. This
> new file contains the processed children of the section element.  The
> hyperlink and the system-id both use the section attribute ID.
>
> (element section
> (make sequence
.../...

> 		system-id:  (string-append"C:\units\"(attribute-string
> "id")".html"))))
>
> When I do this I get the following error:
>
> C:\JADE\JADE.EXE:c:\units\hunch4.dsl:79:57:E: invalid number ".html"

I do this by using an entity :

<!DOCTYPE mydoc SYSTEM "w:\xo\test\sgml\dtd\mydoc.dtd"
[
<!ENTITY xoPubDir CDATA "..\">

and then :
       (make empty-element gi: "link"
                   attributes: (list (list "href"
(string-append (entity-text "xoPubDir") "css/xoteam04.css"))
                                     (list "type" "text/css")
                                     (list "rel" "stylesheet")))))

It works under Linux with slashes and under Windows with backslashes (and
slashes too !).
Anyway, I am not really sure that you have to use backslashes. The
standard in URLs is to use normal slashes.

Hope it helps.
Jany