Re: Docbook:<bridgehead> -> LaTeX \marginpar{}

Subject: Re: Docbook:<bridgehead> -> LaTeX \marginpar{}
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:53:14 -0500
Quoting Simon Dueckert +49 170 2118890 <dueckert@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I am using the Docbook 3.1 DTD and the DSSSL stylesheets v1.42. Further
> on I use jade/jadetex to generate TeX output (and I am quite happy with
> that!).
>
> My problem is that I want to have Docbook <bridgehead>-tags to be
> rendered to the \marginpar{} environment available in LaTeX. I
> recognized that jade generates TeX (not LaTeX) output.
>
> Is there any workaround to get my problem solved?

   Unfortunately, this requirement is at odds with the "DSSSL
philosophy", which is that you state what you want from the formatting
process, rather than how you want it done.
   What Jade actually generates is JadeTeX, which, as I recall, is
based on LaTeX (at least, parts of it).  In order to get what you
want, you'd probably have to modify the JadeTeX sources and redefine
some macros.
   Perhaps the better question is why you want that specific
environment.  Is there a particular formatting effect that this would
achieve?  Perhaps you could achieve the same affect via the standard
DSSSL flow objects, which would only require a customization of the
DocBook stylesheets.

-Brandon :)