Re: DocBook -> Jade -> RTF: lists as RTF lists?

Subject: Re: DocBook -> Jade -> RTF: lists as RTF lists?
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:39:02 +0100 (BST)
David Miller writes:
 > The overall task is this: (a) convert DocBook to editable RTF; (b) allow
 > users to edit the RTF; (c) convert the edited RTF back into DocBook and
 > update the original sources.  Tricky, to say the least... the
 > RTF->DocBook step is only really practical if the users use a
 > specialized pseudo-DocBook Word template.

you might find it easier to catch a flight to the conference in Egypt
and sort out the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.

 > In short, my most basic requirement is to let users edit their documents
 > using their standard authoring tool (Word), but still maintain the
 > documents in a format-neutral way (DocBook).

a laudable, if almost certainly completely misguided, aim :-}

why do you want the *back* translation, unless someone other people
are editing the Docbook files as SGML/XML? why not just have a 100%
Word -> Docbook translation (based on fascist use of Word styles), and
translate each revision?

Sebastian