Re: (dsssl) identity transforms in Jade

Subject: Re: (dsssl) identity transforms in Jade
From: Karl Critz <kcritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 12:08:48 -0400

What you need is a stylesheet for formatting objects that
formats them as DSSSL flow objects.  That's not going to be trivial for
full support, since there are a few differences in the formatting model,

Yup, I didn't mean a strict identity, but rather an XSL-FO to DSSSL FO translator.

However, I have to wonder why you can't just write a DSSSL stylesheet for
your XML.  Are you planning to use full XSL at some later date?

I am already using an XSL-FO stylesheet for my PDF and LaTeX output. I would prefer to use the same stylesheet for my RTF output instead of having to maintain two stylesheets. I have a mechanism which makes it easy for my users to customize the stylesheets by setting certain parameters and I really don't want to have to make this mechanism speak DSSSL and XSL.

Then again, if it takes more effort to write the "identity" transform than
to maintain for bilinguality, I'll do whatever is easiest.  I was just hoping
that such a transform existed already.

-k