re: (dsssl) Modification of the hierarchy

Subject: re: (dsssl) Modification of the hierarchy
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:54:52 +0200 (MEST)
Citerat från  Markus.Reinsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

> Hi Jany
>
> I see 2 solutions:
>
> 1. the solution you suggested. Perhaps you can use my algorithm below.
>    This solutions is quite slow on large documents.
>    You have to extend the algorithm to 2 levels.
>    The tokenizer is working just on one level.
I am working on the customization of a style-sheet from Brandon Ibach that I use
to give structure to flat HTML trees. The problem is that the input file is not
as simple as I explained (some elements have to be inserted in the first child
of the preceding element if the levels etc...).

> 2. A hack: You insert tags as text in the according positions, i.e.
>    when you start the next level you call (make-tag "para level=2")
>    This solution is faster but its just a hack and you could use perl
I used this in the beginning, but as the complexity of the input grew up, I
wanted to have something more "DSSSLian"

Anyway thanks. I will try the tokenizer.
Jany.