Re: (dsssl) rules in headers/footers

Subject: Re: (dsssl) rules in headers/footers
From: "Francis J. Lacoste" <francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 13:23:14 -0500
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 11:33:02AM -0800, curt brune wrote:
> OK I started reading the ISO/IEC 10179:1996 spec.  I now see I need to choose
> an orientation that results in the rule being inlined, i.e. the orientation
> needs to be either "escapement" or "line-progression".  I tried using the
> following:
>
> (define (page-center-footer gi)
>     (make rule
>       orientation: 'escapement
>       length: 7in
>       line-thickness: 1pt
>     )
> )
>
> But I get a *vertical* rule in my footer, not a horizontal rule.  Sigh.  I
> was encouraged that I figured out how to make an inline rule, too.  I also
> tried it with an orientation of line-progression, but I get the same results.

Try to update to a recent version of JadeTeX. It was patched recently to
support rule object as inline elements. You will also probably want to
use the layer property to put it above the text. Since it is an inline
element, you can't insert new line to put the text below it. I put
a line above my footers  using :

(make rule
    orientation: 'escapement
    length: 10cm