Re: (dsssl) How to make a RTF styles-sheet with DSSSL?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) How to make a RTF styles-sheet with DSSSL?
From: Laurent Laporte <laurentlaporte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 16:38:28 +0100 (CET)
 --- Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx> a écrit?:
> * Laurent Laporte [Thu, 07/03/2002 at 08:34 +0100]
> > Hello,
> He bien, je vois que tu as réussi à souscrire. Bienvenue.

Oui. Pas franchement convivial comme truc. Je n'avais jamais utilisé
cela. Je préfère le newsgroup.

> > I am looking for a way to create a styles-sheet in a RTF document.
> For
> > example, my RTF document will contain level 1 titles in Arial -
> bold -
> > 16pt.
>
> > I wish to define a style of paragraph named "T1" and to apply it to
> the
> > level 1 titles paragraphs. So, the "T1" style will have the
> properties
> > Arial - bold - 16pt. It should appear in the RTF styles-sheet.
> AFAIK, there is no way to create styles in the RTF (maybe with the
> most recent
> versions of openjade?)
> > The DSSSL language possesses a "style" function which I do not
> still
> > master. But according to my experience, it does not seem to create
> > style in the RTF styles-sheet.
> No. This style is applied to the paragraph that you create.

Yes, I saw that.

> My question is : do you really need styles in the RTF file,
> if you can define them in the stylesheet?
> Do you wish to modify the RTF files after they are generated?

Yes.
In fact we receive RTF files from authors. Then we use a tool to
convert them to SGML/XML format and modify the content with a specific
system that only manipulate SGML documents.
At last, we have to convert SGML file and bring them back to the
authors.
The resulting RTF files must use the same RTF styles-sheet than the
source files.
That's why...

The same way, I have to treat RTF fields (like page number : {PAGE} or
file date : {DATE}).
Do you know how to do that?

> You could define your style T1 in the stylesheet :
>
> (define T1-style
>     (style             lines: 'wrap
>                heading-level: 1
>             font-family-name: "Arial"
>                    font-size: 16pt
>                 line-spacing: 16pt
>                     quadding: 'start))
>
> .../...
>
> (element (container p)    ;; level 1 paragraph
>   (make paragraph   use: T1i-style
>     (process-children-trim)))
>
> This is untested, but derived from one of my styelesheets.

Yes, I finaly used that kind of construction.

But I still dont solve my problem.
Where can I find documentation obout special Jade options?

=====
------- Laurent.