Re: (dsssl) Jade keeps translating non-breaking space to a regular space in HTML

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Jade keeps translating non-breaking space to a regular space in HTML
From: Dan Richter <daniel.richter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:37:56 +0200
Well, it's good that you've found the "make formatting-instruction" function: you're almost there!

"make formatting-instruction" simply dumps text into the HTML file without escaping it. So this is a good guess:
(make formatting-instruction data: "&nbsp;")

But when Jade sees the &nbsp;, it automatically replaces it with a single character. So the Unicode character is dumped into the file instead of the entity. To prevent this, either write it as &amp;nbsp; or enclose it in a CDATA section.

As for why your attempts to represent &nbsp; as a "literal" didn't work, I don't know.

========== Dan Richter ============== mailto:Dan@xxxxxxxxx ===========
  Do I know what's in this bill? Are you kidding? Only God knows...
      - U.S. Senator Robert Byrd, when asked if he knew the
        contents of a $520 billion, 4000-page spending bill