Re: (dsssl) Openjade, cygwin and DOS

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Openjade, cygwin and DOS
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:47:33 +0200
Dave, it seems that one of my tests was not complete :-(

* David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx [Tue, 23/09/2003 at 11:52 +0100]
> > >   Is the catalog entry for builtins.dsl correct?
> > Yes, it works with OpenJade under DOS and the other entries are
> > .../...

> > > Seems odd that just the one file is not processed correctly?
> > Not so odd, because this file is nearly a part of the program.
>
> One final try.
>  How does cygwin map dos filenames through to cygwin names?
> I thought it was straightforward, i.e. /usr would be mapped
> to C:\usr  (unless you are not working off C drive, in which
> case I'm less sure). I didn't think it mapped / to <cygwinInstallDirectory>/
This is the mapping. The drives are known as /cygdrive/c,
/cygdrive/a, /cygdrive/c... /cygdrive/z

> Does C:\usr\local\share\builtins.dsl exist Jany?
No, but I have made my test anew after copying the builtins.dsl in
<cygwinInstallDirectory>/usr/local/share
and it works; I am ashamed, because I am sure I did the test yesterday
but I probably screwed up with my error files and I did not see that it
was a possible fix.

So, I have a workaround (You know what? I am happy!) and we can then use
only one version under Windows,

There is always a little problem: OJ is not able to correctly use the
entry for builtins.dsl in the catalog file, but that is not really important.
And our friends at openjade users will probably have an idea concerning
this.
I noticed that, under Unix/Linux, OJ has a modified behaviour
once you have installed docbook; you have then to fiddle with environment
variables.
There is maybe the same thing under cygwin, the code being probably very similar
to Unix code, if it is not exactly the same.

Thanks a lot Dave, you have made me doubt, and you were right ;-) a

Jany