Re: (dsssl) RE: External graphic output in PDF and RTF

Subject: Re: (dsssl) RE: External graphic output in PDF and RTF
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:21:51 +0100
* Javier Farreres de la Morena [Wed, 10/03/2004 at 19:04 +0100]

The two answers I recived said the same.

> I don't know about these problems related to graphic generation, I had never
> any problem, but I use the docbook dsssl stylesheets.
I have progressed and learnt a bit. One of my errors was to use
max-width alone with  scale: 'max-uniform, and you have to use both
max-width and max-height.

> Now I am planning with Cristian to import the Jadetex functionalities into
> OpenJade, thus removing this annoying tool. The idea is to directly generate
> latex code from within OpenJade. I hope this will correct many formatting
> problems. And we will also implement (up to our possibilities and understanding)
> the page-model parts that we can, but this will take place after we import
> the whole jadetex functionality into OpenJade.
Fine. Maybe we can help by testing.

Christof Drescher had written a PDF formatter for DSSSL-Flow objects.
This is a rather different approach. Does anyone know how far it has
gone?

Jany

PS: Thanks to all who helped with the question I had asked.