Re: [jats-list] XSD and @noNamespaceSchemaLocation

Subject: Re: [jats-list] XSD and @noNamespaceSchemaLocation
From: "Kevin Hawkins kevin.s.hawkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 03:30:20 -0000
If we take the argument of the unnamed editor of the XSD specification
that we can't trust a document to tell you it's valid, we also can't
trust the document to identify its format more generally.  That is, a
document might claim to be JATS green but actually be blue, or it might
claim to be JATS but actually conform to a pre-JATS NLM DTD, etc.

So if I am suspicious of documents, as this unnamed editor of the XSD
specification is, I wouldn't rely on the URI of the DTD as a magic token.

--Kevin

On 9/25/15 4:21 PM, Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]