[jats-list] Updated JATS4R!

Subject: [jats-list] Updated JATS4R!
From: "Melissa Harrison m.harrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:14:26 -0000
Hi there

This summer the JATS4R <http://jats4r.org/> steering committee has been
very busy:

   - updating the website <http://jats4r.org/> - new look and feel and
   content, as well as new logo (please go take a look!)
   - generating guidelines
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/14GqC-vhbQM8CD7cs_NVmNPv6_Z0yZyMQCMwq9jO-R6A/edit>
-
   subgroup guidelines so sub-groups can work autonomously but produce overall
   cohesive output
   - creating a Recommendations template
   <https://docs.google.com/document/d/17bn73PWiLi00Pvw4Nwza8B94wX88a6G8RdQKotOpVd8/edit>

   - working on the validator tool
   - generally preparing for relaunch in September

Back at the start of the summer many people expressed interest in joining
subgroups, which are now being set up and organised by their chair. The
subgroup topic list can be found on the website
<http://jats4r.org/subgroups>,  complete with the chair's contact details.
Please do consider joining any group; we always welcome new opinions!

We'll also commence monthly calls at the end of Sept/start of Oct. These
calls will be an opportunity for subgroups to report back to the wider
JATS4R community about progress.

Please can you email info@xxxxxxxxxx if you wish to participate in monthly
JATS4R calls, and if so please provide your time zone and day preferences.

Look forward to hearing from lots of people and all feedback welcome.

Melissa Harrison
JATS4R Chair
--
Melissa Harrison, Head of Production Operations, *eLife*
eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd

01223 855345
orcid.org/0000-0003-3523-4408
Receive content alerts
<http://www.elifesciences.org/crm/civicrm/profile/create>
Browse articles <http://elife.elifesciences.org/browse>

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with
company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number
FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills
Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.