Re: [jats-list] Re: Primary and Secondary MSC tagging

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Re: Primary and Secondary MSC tagging
From: "Bruce Rosenblum bruce@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 13:33:30 -0000
 Hi Franziska, Mike,

While this doesn't directly address Franziska's question, I do want to
point out that the JATS 1.2d1 draft has four new attributes for keywords
and subjects. These are modeled in NISO STS 1.0 (which went to NISO
member vote yesterday). Please see

http://www.niso-sts.org/TagLibrary/niso-sts-TL-0-2-html/element/kwd-group.htm
l , attributes vocab and vocab-identifier

http://www.niso-sts.org/TagLibrary/niso-sts-TL-0-2-html/element/kwd.html
attributes vocab-term and vocab-term-identifier

Similar new attributes appear in the subj-group and subject elements.

These new attributes come out of a number of parallel discussions
including how to best tag keywords, subjects, and ics codes in standards,
and how to tag CRediT taxonomy in JATS.

The JATS4R group may want to consider these attributes as they tackle
Subjects and Keywords

Best regards,

Bruce