Re: [jats-list] name-alternatives and CJK author names

Subject: Re: [jats-list] name-alternatives and CJK author names
From: "Nikos Markantonatos nikos@xxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 17:16:22 -0000
Hi Sasha.

The entire point behind the introduction of <name-alternatives> in a
multi-lingual author representation as in the example you showed is the
semantic distinction that these two different names actually refer to a
single contributor in two different languages.

Otherwise, an XML consumer down the line would have no way to tell
whether the XML erroneously includes two distinct contributors under a
single <contrib> element, or simply omitted the <name-alternatives> wrapper.

Nikos

--
[Atypon Systems LLC] <https://www.atypon.com>
*Nikos Markantonatos* *| Atypon, Greece Operations Head*