Re: [jats-list] name-alternatives and CJK author names

Subject: Re: [jats-list] name-alternatives and CJK author names
From: "Jennifer Flint jen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:27:10 -0000
Hi Sasha,

I am also an advocate of using <name-alternatives> because the <string-name> could otherwise be joined to the <name> when processing or viewed as a second author accidentally stored within a single <contrib> by external vendors. The <name-alternatives> element also allows you to create a mechanism to localize content if both the <name> and <string-name> element carry an xml:lang attribute that allows you to easily switch between displaying either when content is localized for the user.

Legacy systems and content are always difficult to shift, but I think it would be worth it in this case.

Jen

jflintcreative.com