Re: [jats-list] JATS for conference papers - 2023 - (full tagged sample somewhere?)

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS for conference papers - 2023 - (full tagged sample somewhere?)
From: "Alexander Schwarzman aschwarzman@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:57:51 -0000
Hello Eliza,

In my opinion, JATS is not the right vocabulary for tagging conference
papers. BITS, on the other hand, can be customized for that purpose. We, at
Optica Publishing Group, have been using BITS to tag conference papers for
many years. Moreover, we used BITS to convert our legacy conference
content. At JATS-Con 2019, I gave a paper 'Using BITS for conference paper
conversion' (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK541143/) detailing our
approach. As far as I know, Atypon too uses BITS to tag conference papers.

I hope this helps,
--Sasha

*Alexander ('Sasha') Schwarzman*

aschwarzman@xxxxxxxxxx

Content Technology Architect

Optica Publishing Group (formerly OSA)

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 10:31b/PM Sproat, Eliza X esproat@xxxxxxx <
jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> Read this thread from 2011 with great interest

https://www.biglist.com/cgi-bin/wilma/wilma_hiliter/jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ech.com/201101/msg00002.html.
> I too am interested in best tagging practices for conference papers in
> JATS. Assuming it can work too in Archiving.
>

> Might a tagged sample (i.e. fuller sample than whatbs at
https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.3/element/conference.html)

<https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.3/element/conference.html)%
20>be

<https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag-library/1.1/element/conference.html>