Re: [jats-list] JATS for conference papers - 2023 - (full tagged sample somewhere?)

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS for conference papers - 2023 - (full tagged sample somewhere?)
From: "Nikos Markantonatos nikos@xxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 08:18:21 -0000
Hi Eliza.

As Sasha stated, JATS does not exactly lend itself for conference
proceedings XML encoding, although some publishers who view conference
proceedings as a mere collection of articles do use it, primarily
because they already possess the knowledge and the systems for JATS and
do not wish to introduce a new DTD into their processes.

At Atypon, we do have individual publishers who publish conference
proceedings in JATS, whereas the majority do it in BITS. Our
recommendation remains that BITS is better suited for this purpose, as
Sasha also describes in his JATSCon paper.

One of the complexities of using JATS for conference proceedings
introduces, which is often overlooked, is how consumers of that XML down
the line will react to it, notably Crossref, but also other third-party
XML consumers.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nikos

--
[Atypon Systems LLC] <https://www.atypon.com>
*Nikos Markantonatos* *| Atypon, Greece Operations Head*