Re: More XSL Discussion

Subject: Re: More XSL Discussion
From: Norman Walsh <norm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 12:45:23 -0500
| - it imposes a requirement that the start and end tags be balanced. This is
| extremely restrictive: for example if you have two patterns, one for the
| first element of a group and the other for the last element in a group, you
| cannot generate a opening <UL> tag in the first and a closing </UL> in the
| second.

I'm having a hard time constructing an example where I'd want to
do this.  Are you think of a case like this:

<para>...</para>
<para>...</para>
<para type="startoflist">...</para>
<para>...</para>
<para>...</para>
<para type="endoflist">...</para>
<para>...</para>
<para>...</para>

Where you're trying to transform the four paragraphs in the
middle into an HTML UL? Or something else?

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm
--
Norman Walsh <nwalsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> | In science, "fact" can only mean
Senior Application Analyst          | "confirmed to such a degree that