Re: XSL and entities

Subject: Re: XSL and entities
From: Andy Dent <dent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:24:07 +0800
At 3:13 +0800 21/9/98, Paul Prescod wrote:
>Andy Dent wrote:
>> Doesn't your 'automatically give you foo' only apply if foo is a textual
>> file format?
>
>I don't see why. After all, FooXlate is a Java package (in our examples,
>using Java processors) whose only responsibility is to take in XML
>"events" (or an XML grove) and *do something*

Sorry, I didn't understand that James was suggesting that FooXlate would
still be invoked. I thought he was suggesting the entire translation would
be accomplished with a generic XSL processor.

>- configure your XSL processor with an association between the namespace
>URI with the FooXlate program
Can someone please translate the above from James as I don't think I got
it. Does he mean the XSL proceesor will invoke FooXlate or just that it is
aware of definitions in the FooXlate namespace?
Andy Dent BSc MACS AACM, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.highway1.com.au/adsoftware/crossplatform.html