Re: XSL:USE ?

Subject: Re: XSL:USE ?
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 19:59:49 +0700
Tyler Baker wrote:

> "The xsl:define-attribute-set element defines a named set of attributes.
> The name attribute specifies the name of the attribute set. The content
> of the xsl:define-attribute-set element is an xsl:attribute-set element
> that specifies the attributes. A literal result element or an
> xsl:attribute-set element can specify an attribute set name as the value
> of the xsl:use attribute."
>
> OK this is all pretty clear to me, but the problem I have is that I am
> confused by the XSL DTD Attlist declaration for an attribute set which
> says that it has one attribute named xsl:use.
>
> <!ELEMENT xsl:attribute-set EMPTY>
>
> <!ATTLIST xsl:attribute-set
>   xsl:use NMTOKENS #IMPLIED
> >

> In the following example from the spec itself, you will notice that the
> xsl:attribute-set has two attributes: font-size and font-weight.  Is
> this an error?

The beginning of Appendix A says:

 The following entity can be used to construct a DTD for XSL
stylesheets  that create instances of a particular result DTD.
 Before referencing the entity, the stylesheet DTD must define a
result-elements parameter entity listing the allowed
 result element types. For example:

 <!ENTITY % result-elements "
   | fo:sequence
   | fo:block
 ">

 The stylesheet DTD may also need to define additional attributes for
xsl:attribute-set.

James