Re: Stepping back, part two...

Subject: Re: Stepping back, part two...
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:12:13 +0000

Fair comments then... I bow to the fact that XSL is as concerned with print
as it is with screen/browser presentation. That doesn't do anything for my
confidence that it will be completed in a timely fashion, nor that it will
be well suited for the purposes of easy XML rendering within a browser.

To be frank, running with the MS implimentation of XSL is starting to look
more attractive all the time. We already use NT boxes for IIS/ASP here, so
going with a semi-proprietry MS-XSL solution while not wholy ideal would be
alot better that the being stuck with ASP on its own for XML

I wonder how much more in the future we're going to see MS-XSL :)

Has any thought been given to the "interactive editing and design tools" ?
Sounds a bit like the tail wagging the dog to me.

I've learnt heapsin my short time already an the list. When I first joined
there was keen debate on the splitting of XSL into two or more languages,
which seemed to me extremely undesirable. Now, while I still find it
undesirable, I am starting to understand the position of those that wish to
split off a simple XML transformation language unlumbered with the weight
of the references you just hilighted.

Thanks for the reference.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 11/28/98 11:13:54 PM