Re: An XSL SAX?

Subject: Re: An XSL SAX?
From: Andy Dent <dent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 15:39:35 +0800
Paul Prescod wrote
>Andy Dent wrote:
>SAX is the XSL equivalent of SAX. The result of applying an XSL stylesheet
>is elements, attributes, processing instructions, comments and other such
>constructs. SAX is a fine API for discussing those constructs. So what is
>the problem?

James Tauber has already pointed this out very clearly, and I've published
my Aha! acknowledgement. IF XSL had the layout power I need then it would
indeed be a viable answer, IF I could also embed an XSL Engine into a
Mac/Win C++ program. There are too many if's.
Andy Dent BSc MACS AACM, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.highway1.com.au/adsoftware/crossplatform.html
In SF for Macworld Jan 1st-9th 1999, at the AppMaker stand in DevDepot