Re: alternating tags in a list?

Subject: Re: alternating tags in a list?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <s.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:21:22 +0000 (GMT)
Paul Prescod writes:
 > My understanding is that TeX document can (e.g.) draw an oval that touches
 > all corners of the page or (e.g.) insert the current date and PGP encrypt
 > it. True or false?
true.

depends at what level you configure it. ie you may get <oval
height="10cm" width="12cm"> or <push><moveto x="10" y="20"><selectfont
you'll be sure TeX will emit well-formed XML...

 >  If true, how do we convert that to MathML?
only math goes to MathML :-}

 > This also leads to the word-break problem. Even if we define words
 > rigorously, the output of the program can depend on the runtime
 > environment.
sure. and if I set your "Hello there Sebastian which is the third
word" in a font/setup with no interword spacing, the *printed* output is
ambiguous

Sebastian