Re: alternating tags in a list?

Subject: Re: alternating tags in a list?
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:48:35 +0000
Hi.

I agree whole heartedly. Extrapolating the arguement of we don't need to
impliment that in XSL because you can do it with DOM elsewhere would
quickly paint XSL into a corner considering that we can do everything that
XSL will do with the DOM elsewhere. In which case why do we need XSL.

"We can do it with the DOM elsewhere" isn't isn't a valid arguement for not
doing something in XSL. The point of XSL should surely be that it be an
ideal language for transforming and rendering XML, if you point to
something else to use instead then you've shot XSL in the head.

Now I am in favour of XSL, I am in favour of finding solutions for XSL
performing tasks like alternating tags etc.

I am also in favour of allowing access to ECMAScript where available, I
don't see why developers should be prohibited from esaping to ECMAScript if
it's their prefered option because of a virtuous ideal. This also allows
people to approach the learning curve of XSL in a gentler manner when
comming from procedural backgrounds.

I start to get concerned with arguements of purity as I don't see issue
such as these as either or... I tend to think why not both? Just because I
won't use one doesn't mean you shouldn't.

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 12/15/98 12:08:14 PM