Loops within IE5b2 Scripts

Subject: Loops within IE5b2 Scripts
From: "Martin Bryan" <mtbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:12:00 -0000
I'm having trouble trying to create loops within HTML <SCRIPT> objects
defined as part of an XSL file. If I don't put the script in a
<![CDATA[ ... ]]> marked section then XSL objects to the use of < (or >) in
a for (i=0; i<5; i++) type statement. If I do place it in the marked section
then the XSL parser complains that there is a missing bracket at this point.
If I change to using == as my operator I get nothing outpu. Any suggestions
as to what I am doing wrong, or examples of working loops defined in scripts
generated by an XSL file, would be gratefully received. (No, I don't want to
switch to VBScript, though I realise that will allow me to overcome my
problem: for portability reasons I want to remain as close to ECMAScript
compatibility as possible.)

Martin Bryan