Re: GOTCHA!

Subject: Re: GOTCHA!
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 14:17:52 +0200
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Oren.
>
>For output JScript I've been using what MS recommends ie.,
>
>          //<xsl:comment>
>          <![CDATA[
>               ...Script...
>          ]]>
>          //</xsl:comment>
>
>...which seems to work fine for the IE5b2 parser. Not sure how it would
>fare for XT.

Wouldn't, and rightly so. The fact that there's a CDATA in the input just
protects the characters when being parsed. There's no way in XSL to ask for
a CDATA section in the output. Actually, an <xsl:cdata> tag would be the
closest possible to the <xsl:not-xml> tag I'd like. It falls under the
current intent; it ensures the output is valid XML; it is cleaner then using
the <xsl:comment> tag; and it can be used in the same way to embed non-XML
code in the output.

Any reason we have <xsl:comment> and not <xsl:cdata>? Any chance we may get
<xsl:cdata>?

Have fun,

    Oren Ben-Kiki