xt + lotusxsl

Subject: xt + lotusxsl
From: "Nantapol Chaimankong" <b38npc@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:03:51 +0700
hi,
I am developing XSL processor for senior project.  I tested it and found
that the result is not similar to xt nor lotusxsl( xt and lotusxsl usually
get same result.) So I have some questions about xt and lotusxsl.

(1) Both xt and lotusxsl seems to implements some kind of specificity. What
rule do they use from previous draft? Is priority attribute come first?

(2) Can i use namespace prefix or default namespace in pattern?

source document:
<doc xmlns="default" xmlns:a="abc">
 <a:para>hi</a:para>
</doc>

How can I write select pattern to select text hi can we write "/doc/a:para"
or "/default#doc/abc#para"? I thinks the first solution should works if
default namespace and namespace a is declared at that stylesheet's
containing element. I implement it this way.

The original problem is with lotusxsl's testSuite test no. 20. The
stylesheet declares default namespace to HTML4.0 and has select pattern
".//titlepage". My implementation treats titlepage belongs to HTML4.0 and
cannot select anything.

(3) I am also confused by test no. 15.  The source document contains

<c name="id15" id="id16"> *id15*
<a id="id16"> *id16*</a> ...

The stylesheet declares the following:

<xsl:id attribute="id"/>
<xsl:id attribute="name" element="c"/>

Shouldn't element c has both id15 and id16? Element a also has id16 then the
processor should report error or use element c. I got different result from
lotusxsl.

Please correct me.
Thanks
Nantapol