Re: Question

Subject: Re: Question
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 22:57:33 -0600
Mike Dierken wrote:

> I feel that a 'context()' method might help in this situation. This
> 'context()' method would give you access to the DOM node that the current
> action was being evaluated against. Access to the node gives you a richer
> set of comparisons and data than variables.

I find the local constants proposal to be more familiar to me. It is like
"let" in Lisp. I think it is also more powerful than "context" because you
can store away variables from several different contexts. For example you
could collect the "foo" attribute of my ancestor "bar" and the "baz"
attribute of my ancestor "jaz" and do something with them together.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did,
but she did it backwards and in high heels."
                                               --Faith Whittlesey