Re: Complex XSL Application (I think)

Subject: Re: Complex XSL Application (I think)
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:39:30 +0800
>> I need to get the Service Number from the user (Browser)
>> Pass this value to the server
>> Create the XSL to produce an XML file with just that employees
>> information
>> Pass this new XML file to the browser XSL for rendering in the
>> browser.

proof-of-concept to xmlsoftware.com.

All it does is take a legal XSL boolean expression like

    Vendor="James Clark"

writes out the single element external entity

    <xsl:apply-templates select='//Product[Vendor="James Clark"]'/>

and then runs XT on an XSL stylesheet that is identical to the one normally
used to produce xmlsoftware.com except that the template matching "/"
references the above external entity.

I'd need to do various things before making it public, but if anyone want to
try it out, email me and I'll send you the URL.

One possible way of optimising it would be to modify XT to permanently be
running (with the list of software already parsed and in memory) and
dynamically modifying the root template upon receipt of the boolean
expression.

James