Re: no xmlns attribute in the xsl dtd?

Subject: Re: no xmlns attribute in the xsl dtd?
From: "Mark D. Anderson" <mda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:04:18 -0800

>I'm sure someone has (or could easily) come up with a SAX filter that only
>passes through a particular namespace. This would work for validating the
>XSL, but not the output vocabulary (in your case HTML).

There are comments in the xsl dtd that seem to suggest that
a person should just stick something like this at the front of the dtd:
<!ENTITY % result-elements "| html | title | body | tr | th | td | h1 | table">
but that doesn't seem to have any effect, even with the elements defined,
and regardless of the presence of the xmlns declarations in the stylesheet.

By the way, I'm also completely mystified by what i'm supposed to
be doing with any html fragments in my source xml.
If I escape the "<", then those stay escaped all the way through,
and if I don't escape them, then xt removes the tags until
i painstakingly insert xsl templates for the subset i'm using:
<xsl:template match="p"><p><xsl:value-of select="."/></p></xsl:template>
etc.

So it seems that all the html insertion is supposed to be done
by the style sheet, and having a source document where some of the
elements store html fragments is just going to be a pita.

i'm rapidly thinking of going back to perl XML:: modules...

-mda