Re: Outdated XSL, What are my options?

Subject: Re: Outdated XSL, What are my options?
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:57:05 -0500 (EST)
[David Schach]
> I get the following error:
> System does not support the specified encoding. Line 1, Position 28
> <?xml encoding="US-ASCII"?>
> I think the encoding name is case sensitive so it should be
> "us-ascii" or "iso-8859-1".

XML 1.0 §4.3.3 says:

   Note that these registered names are defined to be case-
   insensitive, so processors wishing to match against them should do
   so in a case-insensitive way.

> Also, shouldn't the xml declaration include version="1.0"?

Depends on where it occurs.  At the start of a document, yes, but in a
TextDeclaration ([77]) at the top of a parsed entity, the version
parameter is optional.

[For those of you also reading xml-dev, I am a member of the XSL WG,
 but do not speak for them.]
"<URL> <TEL>+1.617.499.7487