Re: XSL/CSS Tutorials

Subject: Re: XSL/CSS Tutorials
From: "Michael Sick" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:07:25 -0400
Hi Didier,

> Conclusion:
> If you want mass diffusion of your XML documents, it is preferable to use a
> XSLT engine located on the HTTP server (as a servlet because most of them
> are Java based) and have this engine transform your XML documents into HTML
> to be rendered on as much browsers as possible. Client side transformation
> is still experimental except if your target audience is using Internet
> Explorer V5 and none are using other browsers like Mozilla, Opera and
> others. Thus, the choice is not as much dictated by technical virtues as it
> is dictated by common sense and document diffusion strategies.

This server side XML + XSL -> HTML scheme has been working quite well at the
JavaLobby for 8-9 months now. Its an architecture that we have seen work and
that we will continue to evolve. While XSL has been a moving target, its
appears to be a worthy one and we intend to use more of it in the near
future.

mike
begin:vcard
n:Sick;Mike
tel;pager:917 975 6860
tel;cell:917 975 6860
tel;fax:(212) 896-8222
tel;work:(212) 896-8220
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Activated Intelligence
adr:;;100 Park Avenue;New York;NY;10017;US
version:2.1
email;internet:mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Vice President
note:Java Lobby - http://www.javalobby.org