Pass result tree to template w/o using param?

Subject: Pass result tree to template w/o using param?
From: Evan Easton <evan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:08:11 -0500
Is there a way using April or July draft to pass the result tree to a
named template without having to pass it as a param?  What I'm trying to
achieve is a consistent look in the HTML that we are outputting.  So I
might have a template named table for outputting tables.  Here's what
I'm doing now:

	<xsl:call-template name="table">
		<xsl:param name="contents">
		</xsl:param>
	</xsl:call-template>

<xsl:template name="table">
	<xsl:param name="contents"/>
	<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="0">
		<xsl:copy-of select="$contents"/>
	</TABLE>
</xsl:template>

I'd like, for the sake of brevity, to be able to have the code look more
like this, but either it isn't supposed to be possible OR the XSLT
processor (LotusXSL 0.17.4) I'm using doesn't support it yet.

	<xsl:call-template name="table">
	</xsl:call-template>

<xsl:template name="table">
	<TABLE BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="0">
		<xsl:copy-of select="????????"/>
	</TABLE>
</xsl:template>

ANy thoughts.  BTW, I don't want to rely on CSS to get the consistent
look because we have users with really old browsers.

Thanks,
Evan