RE: Two implementations, different results

Subject: RE: Two implementations, different results
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:35:27 +0100

> Which implementation is right?  What is <root> doing in
> Oracle's output?

As far as I can see the spec (section 11.3) isn't explicit about what
happens when you try to copy a root (document) node into the result tree.
SAXON does the same as xt here, it copies the document element. Oracle
appears to be converting the root node into an element node named root,
which seems a creative way of dealing with an omission in the spec.

The omission of the data copied using document() is less easily explained.

Mike Kay