RE: 2 questions about textarea

Subject: RE: 2 questions about textarea
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:44:21 +0100
> I am using LotusXSL.
>
> 1. If you have an empty value within textarea as: <textarea
> name="a"><xsl:value-of select="nothing"/></textarea> where
> "nothing" is empty. It will output <textarea name="a"/>. I want <textarea
> name="a"></textarea>. Is there any way to work around this problem?

Why is this a problem? The two are totally equivalent. You will be saying
next that
you want the attribute in single quotes rather than double quotes.

> 2. if I have a text value with multiple string, how can I put <P/> for
> each line break? For example, if the value for nothing multiple line
> string as:
>   line 1
>   line 2
>   line 3
> and I want to put it in a textarea as: <textarea
> name="a"><xsl:value-of
> select="nothing"/></textarea>. How can I put the line break there.

There are examples of how to do this in the list archives. Call a template
which uses
substring-before to output the text before the first newline and then calls
itself recursively to process the text after the first newline.

Mike Kay