two questions on Oracle XSL

Subject: two questions on Oracle XSL
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 09:56:25 +0000
I cannot find any email address to report problems with Oracle XSL to, so
I'll mention them here, and maybe someone can answer the questions:

a) oraxsl test.xml makeplan.xsl > foo.tex
oracle.xml.parser.v2.XSLException: XSL-1015: Function 'normalize-space' not found.
Error occurred while processing test.xml: XSL-1015: Function 'normalize-space' not found.
can this be true? can Oracle really have failed to implement
"normalize-space"? it seems unlikely, so what gives?

b) has anyone using the extension functionality to implement multiple
file output? if so, can they explain how?

Sebastian

PS re speed contests, when I fed my decent sized job to the only
processors I had which even process the stylesheet, I got:

xalan
real	435m17.754s
user	408m11.130s
sys	0m39.670s

xt
real	6m2.975s
user	5m51.820s
sys	0m0.500s

saxon
real	252m14.162s
user	246m25.550s
sys	0m13.270s

admittedly the stylesheet is highly horrible, using David Carlisle
techniques to do sorting-and-grouping. It is clear that there is
plenty of scope for optimization.

PPS The others? esz has fatal errors immediately; oraxsl ran out of
memory. From the range of stylesheets I have around, only xt and saxon
can process all of them, and saxon still has a few bugs (which I am
sure Michael is beavering away on).