Re: what are node set fragments and why are they ruining my life?

Subject: Re: what are node set fragments and why are they ruining my life?
From: disco <disco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:34:47 -0500 (EST)
> - I still don't get what is different between a rtf and
> a node-set. I mean, I get that a rtf is on the result side
> and the node-set is on the input side.

The additional difference is that an RTF is, as the name implies, a tree
fragment. Whereas a node-set is just an unordered arrangement of nodes, an
RTF is an arranged set of nodes, maintaining the concept of tree-structure
with parents, children and so forth.

> - Phil Lanch also suggested that the reason i got a tree frag was
> because i initialized the variable $members with content rather
> than a select. But how could I do otherwise, when I want to
> set it to the result of a call-template?

Just a guess, but make sure you're using <xsl:copy-of> instead of
<xsl:value-of>, since copy-of deals with RTF's without flattening them
into strings...

Dan