RE: what are node set fragments and why are they ruining my life?

Subject: RE: what are node set fragments and why are they ruining my life?
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:09:49 -0700
> - I still don't get what is different between a rtf and
> a node-set. I mean, I get that a rtf is on the result side
> and the node-set is on the input side. But how could a rtf
> not be a set of nodes?

You can identify *any combination* of unique nodes from different places in
the source tree, using an XPath expression that selects the ones you want.
Those nodes are a "node set". They don't have to form a hierarchy or
anything.

You can create a new hierarchy of nodes (or multiple hierarchies that are
siblings of each other), using various XSLT instructions and/or literal
result elements. Those nodes are a "result tree fragment". They're branches
of a tree.

So a result tree fragment *is* a set of nodes. It's just not a "node set"

Someone else will have to answer your XT-specific questions.

Speaking of XT, when are keys going to be implemented? :)