Re: Compare attribute values (fwd)

Subject: Re: Compare attribute values (fwd)
From: Phil Lanch <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:15:04 +0000
Jany Quintard wrote:

> It seems that my question with same subject was

... lost in transit?  well, i don't seem to have received it.

it's a fair question, anyway.

> When encountering an l element, I want to select an element nameloc
> somewhere in the tree, whose ID has the same value as attribute linkend of
> the current one (l).
> So, the tries I made failed and I don't see how to express the selection
> condition.

if you want a real ID attribute (so declared in the DTD), then-

  id(@linkend)/self::nameloc

-or, if you know that the element with the right ID will be a nameloc,
just-

  id(@linkend)

that only works if your XML parser actually reads the DTD, which only
validating parsers are obliged to do.  to just look for an attribute
named id-

  //nameloc[@id = current()/@linkend]

--

cheers

phil

"Who knows if a well-prepared soup was not responsible for
the pneumatic pump or a poor one for a war?"