Re: XSL to XSL?

Subject: Re: XSL to XSL?
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:11:15 -0700
Yes.

You can take advantage of the built-in XSLT 1.0
feature called <xsl:namespace-alias> to do the
following:

<x:stylesheet xmlns:x="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
              xmlns:xsl="anything" version="1.0">
<x:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
<x:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="xsl" result-prefix="x"/>
<x:template match="/">
  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0">
    <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:value-of select="foo"/>
    </xsl:template>
   </xsl:stylesheet>
</x:template>
</x:stylesheet>

This outputs the valid XSLT stylesheet:

<?xml version = '1.0' encoding = 'UTF-8'?>
   <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:value-of select="foo"/>
   </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I tried this with the Oracle XSLT Processor release 2.0.2.7,
but any XSLT-REC-compliant processor should behave
similarly. I just also tried Saxon 5.2, XT which work as well.

Business Components for Java Dev't Team, Oracle Corporation