RE: referring to images in XSL FO

Subject: RE: referring to images in XSL FO
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 10:39:29 -0400
> RenderX makes their .fo files so that a request for an image
> file looks
> like this:
>
> <fo:display-graphic text-align="centered"
> href="url('Images/box.jpg')"/>

I'm not sure exactly why they use it in that manner, however it may
have something to do with the fact that its a form of namespace
calling already out there.

One example being

<SPAN style="
		background-image: url(blurredstone.gif);
		background-color: lightblue;
		width:100%;
		height: 100% ">

> can anyone else support this use of a "url" function? am I missing
> something in the spec which mandates it?
>
> why not just
>
> <fo:display-graphic text-align="centered" href="Images/box.jpg"/>
> Sebastian Rahtz

Although I would agree with you that I would prefer the latter format

Eddy