Multiply Element Values

Subject: Multiply Element Values
From: Rhonda Fischer <rhonda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:15:32 +0000
Objective:
--------
To create a table and perform some calculations using xsl.

         Product                              qty         price
cost
          Web Development          2            440            880
           Standardisation               7              20           140

----

TOTAL                                                            1020

====

Task Breakdown:
-------------
  * need to multiply qty and price
  * for each item in the table
  * display the result in the table
  * output of each line multiplied needs to be a number
  * add all costs to get a total

FILE:  DTD
---------
&Template.xml
<Components>
      <Product ref='itm1_Desc'>Web Development</Product>
      <Product ref='itm1_Qty'>2</Product>
      <Product ref='itm1_Price'>440</Product>
      <Product ref='itm2_Desc'>Standardisation</Product>
      <Product ref='itm2_Qty'>7</Product>
      <Product ref='itm2_Price'>20</Product>
</Components>

FILE:  Template.xml
----------------
<Table>
  <TableRow>
     <TableData><Components ref='itm1_Desc'/></TableData>
     <TableData><Components ref='itm1_Qty'/></TableData>
     <TableData><Components ref='itm1_Price'/></TableData>
     <TableData><Components ref='itm2_Desc'/></TableData>
     <TableData><Components ref='itm2_Qty'/></TableData>
     <TableData><Components ref='itm2_Price'/></TableData>
   </TableRow>
</Table>

FILE:  Transform.xsl
----------------
<xsl:template match="Components">
  <xsl:apply-templates select='/ProjectPlan/Components

/Product[@ref=current()/@ref]'/>

***** QUERY *****
----------------

* I am able to display the uncalculated fields of this data.
* I would appreciate assistance with a template that
    will multiple the qty and price and store the result.
    Rough idea:

    <xsl:template match="Product/ref[@Qty=current()/@Qty]"/>
          <xsl:for-each select="Product/ref">
            <xsl:value-of select="@Qty * @Price"/>
              <xsl:number>    </xsl:number>
          </xsl:for-each>
    </xsl:template>

*   I need to  perform the calculation and store the
    output into a variable I can use and display, is
    this possible?

* And could you hint at the possibility of then using
   this output to perform another calculation using
   the  sum(nodeset) function. If there is some further
   reading material that you could direct me to I would
   be much appreciative.

Kind Regards
Rhonda