RE: node-set() function in MSXML?

Subject: RE: node-set() function in MSXML?
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 22:53:02 +0100
Yeh probably loads of em. Judging by all the mails ages ago about the
difference between a nodeset and an rtf and the confusion to a lot of
the reveared members of the list I think this is a timebomb waiting to
explode. Go there at your own risk!

Ciao Chris
p.s.
Will the list be swamped again with the same question asked 5 times a
day about the diff between TR/WD-xsl and 1999/XSL/Transform (which is
a damn stupid distinction shouldn't it be /tr/1999 or 1999/xslt)
with the question is it an RTF or a nodeset and what IS the difference
anyway.
I predict it will make it into 1.1 anyway.

>Can anyone speculate about other areas where this behavior could
>cause pain?  Most importantly, can anyone imagine stylesheets
>that do *not* use node-set() extensions and do *not* expect the
>RTF to be a node-set, but are tripped up by the fact that
>MSXML assumes it is?  I want to make sure I give this a complete
>treatment in the FAQ..
>
>Thanks,
>Joshua

Earlier

Evan,

I plan to remove the non-conformant implicit cast from RTF to node-set
before RTM, and replace it with an msxsl:node-set() explicit cast function.

~Andy Kimball
MSXSL Dev