Re: problem using Xalan from within a servlet

Subject: Re: problem using Xalan from within a servlet
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 00:33:48 +0100
Andre,

> ... What happens is that I get the stylesheet itself
>returned, instead of the transformed output document. I also get a
>warning about a missing version attribute in the stylesheet, although
>the stylesheet has a version attribute. I use Xalan 1.1, by the way. I

This is a bit puzzling. What is the stylesheet document element start tag,
literally?

It should be something like (at least)

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

If the namespace declaration is wrong, that would explain why you get your
stylesheets back (the processor isn't recognizing them as stylesheets).
This is actually a feature, not a bug.

The puzzling part is the bit about having a version attribute, but getting
a complaint about that too.

So what does your stylesheet start tag look like?

Regards,
Wendell Piez