Re: XMTP XML file breaks Saxon and XT

Subject: Re: XMTP XML file breaks Saxon and XT
From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:32:33 -0700
| For some reason, both Saxon and XT don't process the document correctly,
|
| and the xsl:template rules I specify do not get fired. However, when I
| <xsl:template match="MIME" >
|  <xsl:apply-templates />
| </xsl:template>

Phil,

This is caused because the match pattern:

<xsl:template match="MIME" >

means specifically (and only) "match child element MIME with a
null namespace URI", that is, with no namespace.

Syntactically, your document has used the default namespace
to avoid duplicating the prefix...

  <prefix:MIME>

on lots of elements that come from the "http://www.grovelogic.com/xmtp";
namespace. However, each element using the default namespace like:

  <MIME>

Still has a non-null namespace. In XPath you must qualify the element
with a prefix to match. So try:

<xsl:template match="mime:MIME" >

Where you've defined the "mime" prefix in your <xsl:stylsheet>
element using the same:

xmlns:mime="http://www.grovelogic.com/xmtp";

as the input document.