RE: XMTP XML file breaks Saxon and XT

Subject: RE: XMTP XML file breaks Saxon and XT
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:58:35 -0400
Philip Gooch wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to transform the XMTP sample data given at
> http://www.openhealth.org/documents/xmtp.htm
>
> For some reason, both Saxon and XT don't process the document correctly,
> and the xsl:template rules I specify do not get fired. However, when I
> remove the xmlns attributes from the MIME element and remove all
> namespace prefixes from the document, everything works.
>
> Here's a sample of the document (from the above Web site)
>
> <MIME xmlns:mime="http://www.grovelogic.com/xmtp";
> xmlns="http://www.grovelogic.com/xmtp";>

	XMTP is a namespace application so that headers (which are in the "mime"
namespace) won't conflict with body content.

	try: declare mime ns in:

	<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:mime="http://www.grovelogic.com/xmtp";>

	and then:

	<xsl:template match="mime:MIME">

	Also, there has been a bug in Xalan causing a problem for XMTP due output
namespaces. I've recently submitted a patch which fixes this, so if you are
having problems with Xalan, try downloading a new version (i.e. developer's
snapshot).

Jonathan Borden
The Open Healthcare Group
http://www.openhealth.org