RE: How dynamic is XSL?

Subject: RE: How dynamic is XSL?
From: Linda van den Brink <lvdbrink@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:36:04 +0200
I assume that you want your output to be an equally arbitrary mix?

Then that's easy to accomplish with xsl:template and xsl:apply-templates.
Just write a template for each of your elements, and these template rules
will fire whenever an element is found in the input document.

If you would use xsl:for-each, then as you say if the xsl:for-each selects
links, these would be processed first, and then if you have a second
xsl:for-each select="text", the text would be processed next. xsl:for-each
involves building up the resutl and 'pulling' data from the source file,
while xsl:template/apply-templates involves reading the source XML and
'pushing' data to the result.

I don't have a sample of your source so I'm leaving it at this rather
abstract explanation.

Linda