Re: dtd

Subject: Re: dtd
From: "John E. Simpson" <simpson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:12:56 -0400
At 04:42 PM 09/14/2000 -0400, xsl list wrote:
I am writing the dtd of an XML file that contains special tags, based on HTML tags. For example, the XSL generates <table> from <my_table>. <my_table> takes any attribute valid for the html <table>. How can I declare such an element, my_table, in the dtd?
Is there a way to do that without having to write down all possible <table> attributes one by one? are these defined somewhere in an ent where I can use them?

I don't know if it's ready for prime time yet, but the XHTML 1.1 Working Draft calls for "modules" -- chunks of the XHTML DTD that can be incorporated into other applications in the way I think you want. There's one for forms, one for images, etc., including one for tables. See:

You might want to ask about its status on the XHTML-L list. See:
for subscription and other info.

John E. Simpson | "If you were going to | shoot a mime, would you use
XML Q&A: | a silencer?" (Steven Wright)