RE: How to declare a param which name is in a XML file?

Subject: RE: How to declare a param which name is in a XML file?
From: Don Bruey <dbruey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 07:11:00 -0400
To clear this up -
The XSL in the original message was this:

1)  <xsl:template match="parameters">
2)		<xsl:for-each select="param">
3)			<xsl:param name="@ident"/>
4)		</xsl:for-each>
5)	</xsl:template>

The original XML was this (which is not well-formed):
<parameters>
  <param ident="param1">
  <param ident="param2">
</parameters>

The xsl:param on line 3 is what I was referring to. I fixed the xml and
compiled and got the following:

MSXML3 says: "Keyword xsl:param may not be used here."

(Instant) Saxon says: "Failed to compile style sheet. At xsl:param on line 6
of file:/c:\test.xml: Name @ident contains invalid characters" (line 6 being
its position in my XSL file which includes the <?xml header, etc.)

Don